Group Leader R&D Product Development
Group Leader R&D Product Development
Are you ready to join the world of automation and material handling solutions? And are you experienced in managing and developing a team of technical professionals in a dynamic, international and market-leading environment? If yes, we are looking forward to meet you and welcome you to be part of our vision to be the worldwide leader in sustainable automated logistic solutions!
We are looking for a group leader who enjoys leading and building a high performing, multidisciplinary team and also wants to play a role in our transition to an agile way of working in order to deliver high quality mechatronic products!
You will be part of our Technology department where no two days are the same. We maintain and improve our current products and develop new solutions by working closely with engineering, supply chain and service, all driven by our customer needs. Our activities are based all over the world and each project is different. These projects improve the business of our external customers within the Airports, Parcel, and Warehousing markets with our scalable products like conveyors, sorters, work cells and/or storage solutions. Every one of our talented R&D engineers are committed to solving the next challenge, and enhancing Vanderlande’s competitive position.
As group Leader you manage a team with a multidisciplinary background, for example mechanical, electrical, PLC, system designers, integration etc. You will lead this group as line manager in which you facilitate their growth, agile way of working and product development related activities. In parallel, you will also steer towards and safeguard standardization, process adherence and process optimization. In this role, you will work closely together within a global management team to ensure the right people and competences are available for the right projects to be successful.
As an enthusiastic, result driven and natural team leader, you will:
- Be employee focused to nurture them so that they are equipped to be at their best and happiest,
- Play a vital role in maintaining our vibrant people culture based on customer centricity, trust, feed forward, continuous learning and fun,
- Act as people lead to create, facilitate, coach and motivate the people in their personal and job profession development opportunities,
- Manage 15+ employees, including hiring and onboarding new team members, drive performance incl. appraisals and coordinate people operations,
- Work together with product owners, scrum masters and agile coaches in order to implement and improve the agile way of working within the department.
Your qualifications and skills
- Within our dynamic project environment, you feel energized by connecting and motivating people to bring out the best in them,
- Proven experience in hands on people operations and using excellent communication by leading (international) teams of technical specialists,
- You get shiny eyes as soon as you experience and talk about our products,
- You are a smart self-starter with a flexible mindset and pro-active spirit,
- You have a continuous improvement focus and attitude,
- You enjoy working in a R&D environment within a corporate company,
- Fluency in written and spoken Dutch and English,
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree and a great affinity with technology and have acquired at least 5 years of relevant working experience,
- Certification or experience as PSM / CSM or PSPO / CSPO in a mechatronic development environment is a plus.
This challenging position offers the chance to contribute to the growth and profitability of Vanderlande Industries, a company which is already years in a row chosen as “Top employer” in the Netherlands.
We offer a fulltime position in an informal, professional work and technical innovative environment with a lot of possibilities to develop yourself.
Besides your salary, we offer you the following:
27 holidays & 13 ADV days (based on fulltime)
- Flexible working hours
- Training possibilities
- Travel compensation
- Collective Pension and insurance
Vanderlande is the global leader for value-added logistic process automation at airports and in the parcel market, as well as a leading supplier of process automation solutions for warehouses. In this world of technology, we believe in people – especially those who are totally dedicated, customer-driven and keen to continue learning throughout their career.
This is embraced by our Vanderlande Academy and International Talent Development programmes, with over 800 courses conducted every year. The focus is on freedom while being trusted to deliver, and this is one of the reasons why we received the highest rating of three stars in the Best Employer survey (The Netherlands).
If you’re ambitious and take your long-term career seriously, then please contact us to explore this global opportunity to join a company at the top of its game. For more information or to apply for this challenging position, please visit careers.vanderlande.com
If the role of Group Leader R&D Product Development appeals to you, then please apply now by completing the application form, and uploading your CV and covering letter. For more information, please contact Eric Everstijn, Senior Recruiter on +31 (0)413 - 495288.