Embedded Software Design Engineer
Introduction to the job
You’ll be part of a world class, market leader organization for the high-tech lithography, metrology and software solutions in the semiconductor industry. We are a global company with 70 offices spanning 16 different countries.
Role and responsibilities
The mission of the Embedded Software Common & DUV departmentis to ensure the delivery of integrated embedded software engineering solutions that support the business success of ASML with the agreed quality, cost and in-time.
We have a community of over 12.000 technical experts – C++ Developers, Software Architects, as well as Software Engineering Specialists in other programming languages.
- You are happy to make things work and to build great applications which in turn will make things move and will insure extremely precise calibrations.
- You will be responsible for writing clean and highly functional code for several stages of our machines such as the lenses and the wafer stages.
- You enjoy seeing things move by the code that you generate, regardless if you have to write code in C, C++ or Python – to you, the results count.
- You will be responsible for creating clear specifications, making the efficient design choices and to 'make it happen' by also implementing the design. Customer satisfaction is the number one driver for ASML and thus for every software developer.
- You will design, analyze, document and test the required software specifications.
You will use C/C++, Python, object oriented design programming and Linux within a highly complex embedded environment.
- You will work in a multidisciplinary environment, involving physics, mechatronics, electronics, customer support and factory departments.
Education and experience
Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Embedded Systems or equivalent.
Our department is expanding and we are looking for several computer science and software engineering specialists to join our team!
We are looking for medior and senior design engineers, passionate about technology and who want to change the world, one nanometer at a time.
Key competencies for this role are Unix/Linux, C, C++, UML, real-time, Python, VxWorks, Matlab.
You will provide the software solutions that make our machines complete and unique.
Solid software engineering knowledge: Agile, Scrum, UML, OOP, design patterns.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- You want to impact the world with your work and you want your projects to reach millions of people worldwide.
- You want to be respected for your work and you want to have some of the best software engineers in the world as your colleagues.
- You are seeking to work in a precise and challenging department.
- You are quality-driven and you are looking for an environment where your technical skills will be enhanced and your ideas will be put to the test.
- You are not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team because you know that we will always choose the best solution.
- You want to be a part of a dynamic and challenging environment that leaves no room for errors in the live environment.
- You are passionate about robotics and you would like be a part of our teams who are building large scale applications for large machines which in their turn, have a global usability.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Learn more about this job About the job category
About the team
About the location