C++ Software Engineer for 3D printing large metal parts
Our mission at RAMLAB is to create a world where large metal parts are manufactured and repaired automatically using Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM). We are developing cutting edge technology including hardware and software to achieve this mission. Our work sets new standards and records both in the academic as well as in the industrial world.
Team and role overview:
RAMLAB is looking for a talented Robotics engineer to join our growing software development team comprised of software, automation and robotics engineers who work closely with our material scientist/welding engineers. This position will help build high quality, scalable software that is at the core of our MaxQ monitor and control system.
The mission/outcomes and objectives:
Our mission is to manufacture and repair metal parts on demand, in a highly automated manner. This means that you will be building on top of proprietary, innovative and maintainable software that runs in real-time, and stores and analyzes live streaming data from multiple sensors in order to keep the printing process running 24/7 through smart monitoring and control. You will be involved in many exciting research topics and engineering developments!
You have ideally worked with industrial robotic arms and built control systems that are robust and maintainable.
At RAMLAB, you will contribute to building out and maintaining software that is critical to our autonomous 3D printing process. This role requires that you are able to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells. You are excited to solve complex problems to which you can offer elegant solutions.
Minimum required skills and competences
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Computer Science, or other related field and experience in software development through work and/or engineering projects
- Experienced in designing and building (real-time) control systems
- Affinity with hardware/industrial robots and a strong drive to ‘make stuff work’
- Experience in C++, Python and object oriented programming
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile Development
- Excellent English communication skills
Preferred skills and competences
- Master degree in Computer Science, Robotics or other related field
- Experience with multiple object oriented programming languages and scripting languages
- Experience with database technologies, including administration/configuration
- Experience with industrial robots
- Experience with computer vision and/or 3D scanners
What we offer:
We are building an international ambitious team, at an inspiring location. We offer a good salary, pension, and flexible working hours.
Do you recognize yourself in this job description? Apply by clicking on the 'Apply' button.